Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another Fantasy Football Draft in the Books

I told you guys the other day that I was doing two (at the time) fantasy football leagues. Well now that number is up to three, with a South Florida sports bloggers league drafting on Thursday night.

Tonight was the Souvenir City league draft, aka the Kevin Duckworth Memorial League, and yours truly had the number one overall pick. Unfortunately for me, Yahoo sucks and I couldn't load the draft room. I tried on my computer, my roommate's and a friend's. It didn't load on any of them. So my team, at my dismay, wound up being auto-drafted.

It's safe to say I was infuriated at this turn of events, and at the same time, I prayed that the auto-drafting program would not screw me over too bad. It could have been a lot worse than it wound up being, but I'll let you all be the judge of that.

QB: Carson Palmer (Cin) and Jake Delhomme (Car).
RB: Adrian Peterson (Min), Marion Barber (Dal), Thomas Jones (NYJ), Ricky Williams (Mia).
WR: Steve Smith (Car), Brandon Marshall (Den), Donnie Avery (StL), Jericho Cotchery (NYJ).
TE: Owen Daniels (Hou), Vernon Davis (SF).
K: Stephen Gostkowski (NE)
D/ST: Philadelphia and Dallas.

Assesment: My biggest issue with this team is that I have a starting QB who hasn't been completely healthy since 2006 (Palmer) and a WR who is currently suspended by his team for being a crybaby. Great. At least I got Peterson with the first pick. Barber should have another huge year for Dallas, and Jones is good, even though I hate the Jets. At least I got the kicker I wanted...

Feel free to leave your thoughts on my team, and if you're in the league, feel free to talk trash about how awful my auto-drafted team is compared to your far superior team. For the record, I still plan on winning this league.

*Also, once football season begins, I promise to be back with more relevant sports posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment