Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009

Sorry about minimal posting this past week, school just started again and I've just been trying to get back into the swing of things. On the bright side, it is FIVE DAYS until the first college football game, and one week until the first one here at UF (cue the uncontrollable excitement).

Since football is right around the corner, you know what that means: fantasy football time.

This year I'm doing two leagues, one with some college buddies and one with some other sports bloggers. The blog league draft is Tuesday night, and the college league draft was earlier this afternoon. I'll probably keep you readers posted about the progress of my teams, probably just for the hell of it, but also to boast about my awesomeness.

Anyways, I drafted eighth today (out of 12 teams), and I'm pretty pleased with my team:

QB: Drew Brees (NO) and "Matty Ice" Ryan (Atl).
RB: Steven Jackson (StL), Derrick Ward (TB), Kevin Smith (Det) and Jamaal Charles (KC)
WR: Vincent Jackson (SD), Lee Evans (Buf), Eddie Royal (Den) and Hakeem Nicks (NYG).
TE: Anthony Fasano (Mia) and Bo Scaife (Ten).
K: Jason Elam (Atl) and Dan "the" Carpenter (Mia).
D/ST: New York Giants and Green Bay Packers.

So that's my first team. I look forward to my Tuesday draft with the other bloggers, should be an entertaining league. Both leagues, for the record, I will dominate... because that's just how I roll.

4 comments:

  1. i'm gonna draft hakeem nicks the first 10 picks and then whatever qbs is left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love Hakeem Nicks. I figured any TBL reader would appreciate that pick. I managed to get him in the 13th round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't actually read anything at tbl except for the headline and then i make snarky comments with the least amount of info as possible.

    ReplyDelete