Thursday, August 13, 2009

BREAKING NEWS (That Everyone Already Knows)

So Chris Mortensen of ESPN broke the news tonight during ESPN's preseason football broadcast that Mike Vick has found a team. That team being the Philadelphia Eagles.

It's a two year contract, sort of. Vick will make $1.6 million this season, with a second year coming as a team option. If the Eagles pick it up, he'll make $5.2 million in 2010. (I wish I could make that much money a few months after serving a two-year jail sentence...).

What this all means for Donovan McNabb is beyond me, but I'm guessing he died a little bit inside when he heard the news. He'll certainly be looking over his shoulder any time he screws up, because we all know how impatient(?), and understanding Philadelphia fans are.

Still don't know how good of a move this is for the Eagles, but it certainly leaves open the option for a killer wildcat option (if Vick is half the player he was before going to jail) with Vick, Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson and McNabb in the backfield.

Anyways, I'm sure this isn't the last I'll post about this, but that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment