Saturday, June 6, 2009

Marlins Trade Pool Update

It's a lazy, very rainy Saturday, so I thought I'd give a little update on the Marlins Trade Pool.

Nothing has happened - yet. However, the Marlins have reportedly made four players available for trades: Dan Uggla, Cody Ross, Jeremy Hermida and Jorge Cantu.

Three of those players (Uggla, Ross and Hermida) are my top three picks in the pool, so if you're scoring at home, it's potential for 12 points. I won't get ahead of myself, but it seems the Marlins will be sellers at the deadline this year. They're currently 7.5 games back in the division, which isn't insurmountable, but with the Mets and the defending World Series champs in the same division, it would be tough for the Fish to win that third World Series they're scheduled to win this year.

Anyways, as usual, I'll keep you updated on the pool, and any trades in general.

I'll probably be back later on with with some other posts, including a horseracing post, seeing as how jockey Calvin Borel is vying to win the Triple Crown (on two different horses), today in the Belmont Stakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment