Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let the Madness Begin

So last night was the "opening round" game of the NCAA tournament, more commonly known as the play-in game. Morehead State knocked off Alabama State, earning the right to play Louisville in the first round.

I don't know about you all, but I was certainly cheering for Alabama State. Not that I'm a fan of the team, nor do I really know anything about them. However, their center has the most badass name I've heard for an athlete in a while: Chief Killingstallionsims.

The guy is almost 7-feet tall, and he only averages 8.5 points per game. But the name more than makes up for it.

Really, I just wanted to be able to hear one of CBS' announcers say the guy's name for 40 minutes. I'm sure at least one of them would screw it up, or at the very least, comment on it.

However, I don't know what's more disappointing: the fact that Alabama State wasn't able to advance to the first round, or that he was left out of the 2009 Name of The Year Bracket.


By the way, I will be back later this afternoon with my (two?) official brackets that I'm entering into my annual March Madness Pool, so stay tuned.

EDIT: Okay, I lied. I'll be back in the morning with my brackets. I'm still debating on some of the picks and doubting my initial thoughts on a lot of the games. So I will post them when I finish, but surely before the games tip off in the early afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment