Friday, February 13, 2009

The Return of Charles Barkley

Charles Barkley is set to return to TNT from his suspension for DUI following this weekend's All-Star festivities. However, he made his triumphant return to my television tonight during the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge.

The clip seems to have been on YouTube for just over a week. I'm not sure if it has aired before, but it's the first I've seen of it.



Does this mean that T-Mobile has decided to bring back the Round Mound of Rebound? They pulled all ads with him following his arrest and said they would reevaluate the situation later on.

I hope this means T-mobile has reinstated Chuck, because all of his commercials with Dwyane Wade have been priceless. This new one, featuring Dwight Howard along with Wade and Chuck is another classic.

I know Barkley screwed up, and I know he's no role model. He has said it himself: "I'm no role model. Just because I play basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids."

He paid the price and served his suspension time. TNT is bringing him back this week, and I hope that this commercial means that T-Mobile is doing the same, and that this wasn't just one that they shot before his DUI and decided to air... because that would just be "turrible."

No comments:

Post a Comment