... began today at 12:01 a.m.
Here are some of the notable names in this year's free agent market.
- Kurt Warner, QB, Cardinals. The stats don't lie. Yeah, he did have Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston to throw to... but the guy still led the Arizona Cardinals... yes, the Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl. That's a feat in and of itself. Not to mention he owns the record for three best passing performances in a Super Bowl.
- T.J. "Whosyoumomma?" Houshmandzadeh, WR, Bengals. Aside from having a great name, he's also got good hands. He's one of the better receivers in the league, and will make some QB happy next season.
- Ray Lewis, LB, Ravens. Arguably one of the best defensive players of the era. He's been the cornerstone of the Ravens' vaunted defense for a decade. He's getting older, but he's still a beast in the middle of the field.
- Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans. The big man is coming off the best season of his career, with 44 tackles and 8.5 sacks. He knows how to plug the middle and just takeover the line of scrimmage... and as we all know, the battle in football begins in the trenches.
- Derrick Ward, RB, Giants. The best RB available this offseason. He had over 1,000 yards while splitting time with Brandon Jacobs. Could be the next in the line of backup RBs making big names for themselves as starters (Michael Turner... maybe Darren Sproles soon?).
Got any comments on where you think these guys, or other free agents, might end up, let me know.