It's that time of year again, folks! Halloween is just around the corner. We know sports fans often like to sport (weak pun) a sports-related costume on this particular night of the year, so we here at 4th and Fail went out of our way to compile a list of 10 such costumes that are guranteed to be a hit at that Halloween party you've been waiting all year for.
So without further ado:
10. Manny Ramirez. Buy a dreadlocked wig (or if your a resident Dodgers fan, you could've copped one at a game this season), carry a bat and limp around on your right leg for half the night. Then randomly switch it over to your left leg. Hey, it’s just Manny being Manny.
9. Pacman Jones. This one’s pretty simple. Just carry around a wad of singles (or Monopoly money, whichever you please), have an iPod with speakers blasting Lil Wayne and Fat Joe’s “Make It Rain” all night and throw the singles in the air. Do your best Ollie Williams Family Guy impression too: "It's gon rain!"
8. Alicia Sacramone. Prance around all night in a leotard, and then fall at random moments, when no one is expecting it. Too soon?
7. Michael Phelps. You can rock an Aquaman costume, Poseidon’s trident, or just the traditional Speedo. Be sure to find 8 gold medals, minimum, and act like a jerk with a lisp. Right, Dan LeBatard?
6. Bill Belichick. Just go out and buy a Darth Sidious costume. Done and done.
5. Bandwagon Rays Fan. Get a Rayhawk. Wear a shirt that says "9 = 8" and drag a little red wagon around with you.
4. Greg Oden. Do your best to look like a 50-year-old man with the full grown beard, even if you’re just 20. Bonus points if you walk around all night singing *NSync’s “It's Gonna Be Me”
3. Ed Hochuli. This referee costume is quite fitting, don’t you think?
2. This SEC official. Striped referee shirt: check. Whistle: check. Just strap on the helmet and grab a mouth piece and you’re set. Don’t forget to give the forearm shiver to anyone headed your direction.
1. Chicago Cubs Fan. Go on, sport your finest Cubbies jerseys. Since it IS October, just walk around all night pretending to choke. For added effect, wear a brown paper bag over your head with eyes and mouth cut out to hide your shame. You know you want to.
Well we hope this was helpful to some of you out there trying to figure out what to wear on Halloween. Whatever you choose to wear, be sure to be safe, and above all: have a blasty blast!
Special thanks to our boy Wooj for helping us compile this list.